Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tea at the countryside

we were at the countryside on Sunday..


and these were some of the sightings.....

the banana flower- this may be cooked or made into a delicious salad


fig trees..the figs are used for brewing tea..


bread fruit may be sliced and fried with a batter


 the ornamental banana- the Moosa

and we had a hearty lunch

from the left, local pickled vegetables with sliced fish
sesame chicken and fried sweet potato leaves with garlic

and hot lemon grass tea with traditional Asian cakes made from farm fresh ingredients...


right in front is the baked tapioca with coconut, 
top left is steamed glutinous rice with palm sugar served  with grated fresh coconuts and
baked jackfruit cake on the top right..



Happy T Tuesday!!

steph

9 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

Steph, I always look forward to your posts ... to what seems so exotic and romantic to me!! all those wonderful looking desserts... oh yum coconut anything would suffice!! happy t day!

~*~Patty S said...

ooo dear Steph your countryside tea looks and sounds delightful!

what a great ... lovely pics as always too!

Happiest T to you always!
oxo

Anonymous said...

Can you ship some of that glorious food over here. I always love your tea posts because they are an gastronomic delight. xox Corrine

brandi said...

~oh me oh my...what a treat you have given for our eyes...my tummy is oh so hungry and the thought of rice with coconut...yyyyuuummm! beautiful photos of your day...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

*jean* said...

yum!!! i want all of that! thank you for sharing!!! we have a local conservatory that grows some of these plants, we always something new when we visit there...that photo of the desserts looks just delicious! i'm usually not a dessert type person, but yummmmy...i love eating local, we are feasting on heirloom tomatoes, roasted sweet corn and squash...waiting ever so patiently for the apples...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have made me SO hungry. Every photo drew me in and then your words tempted me with all those wonderful fruits and veggies. I want to come experience your cuisine. You make a this vegetarian salivate with each lovely photo. Thanks for this today.

BTW, I grew lemon grass one year. I loved the tea and it is so refreshing.

Unknown said...

How fun!!! I especially love your heart shaped leaf at the very bottom of your post! It looks like you had a fabulous day!!!

Happy T today! Hugs, Kimmie

Dianne said...

Wow! It all looks so good! Aren't the little baby bananas cute? I've always loved them... We had little finger bananas that grew by the pond in front of our house when I was growing up... Very tasty...

Nancy said...

A feast for the eyes :) 'I love this place.....'