Saturday, September 25, 2010

12 weeks to Christmas!!

Time flies and I'm counting down to Christmas already!!!
well, I thought if I am going to send off handmade Christmas pressies..then I should be doing so.. :)

I painted some backgrounds today and bound them in a book..
It's my first exposed spine stitching hand bound book..
(much as I love making books, I reckon I do have a while to go to figure out the whole process).. ;)
 these pages will be ready for me to "alter" and to journal on
in the next weeks to come..







meet Pansy, one of my motley crew from the teddy bear garden..

Pansy is handstitched, part mohair and 
the body and limbs were made from corduroy..


and here's the twosome... Pansy and Roy

Roy is handstitched from 100% sparse mohair.
see those stitches on the spine of the book? 
I think I'm better off sewing teddy bears ha ha!!


"The mind in its natural state can be compared to the sky,
covered by layers of cloud which hide its true nature"

Kalu Rinpoche


Happy weekend dear friends!!

steph

6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Actually, I love the hand stitched book. I can't grip a needle, so your binding looks wonderful to me. Of course, Roy and Pansy look pretty special, too. You are SO gifted and those backgrounds are simply GORGEOUS. They inspire me to get out my paint and paper and put my sewing machine away!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a great book filled with wonderful backgrounds....lovely...Pansy and Roy are cute too:)

*jean* said...

ooo your book is gorgeous!! and the teddy's are adorable...well done!

Anonymous said...

Precious little bears, love the feet! The book is wonderful, so much possibility to play with. xox Corrine

Betty said...

Love the handmade book...and all the backgrounds...

Unknown said...

somehow 12 weeks sounds like I've got more time than when I said "3 months!" yesterday. Yikes! but your pages are beautiful Steph! And I love love love the bears!