Monday, September 13, 2010

helping....

we were taking a stroll one day..

and what got the attention of my sister 
was this....


an injured ant being "carried" by another...
to a safe place..
away from the road...
where danger lurks....

a true representation
of
a helping hand...indeed...
and perhaps there's more to it....

it got me wondering about "relationship"
what was their relationship?
does one render help only when one is related?
or does it come much easier when trust is built?


well, in our humanistic ways...
we, 
care
love
respect
show kindness
etc

AND so..

I pay tribute to friendship..

our kind of friendship,
dear bloggers..

indeed your friendship is special to me..


Sunday comic art. Collage on ATC sized cardstock 


THANK YOU!
for all your encouraging comments
it's been a year since I blogged 
and this is where
I post my little experiments wherever my art muse takes me...
not knowing or expecting anything more
than just an online visual journal..
but you have helped me to love my creative journey,
the process,
the experiments..
I look forward to posting..

Have a good week everyone!!!

stay happy!!
steph





5 comments:

brandi said...

~this was a wonderful post of friendship and what it means to be and do as a friend...congrats on your year of blogging creating and sharing...may there be many more years to come...its a beautiful thing! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Caterina Giglio said...

a great post of love and friendship, very uplifting!

Anonymous said...

Friends far and wide. This blogging world has certainly created that and with Snoopy love - well that says it all.
Lovely post about the ants...xox Corrine

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have far fewer real life friendships than internet friendships. Were it not for friends I met on the internet, I probably would have no life at all. Your friendship means so much to me, your support is so precious. Your art always makes me smile and shake my head in awe and amazement. Thank YOU for being here. You have been a guiding light to me ever since I found your blog.

~*~Patty S said...

such a beautiful post in so many ways dear Steph!

you described how blogging and creating compliment one another so nicely and just how special all of the connections we make are to us!

Congratulations on one year of blogging ... here's to many many many more dear friend!

I heard an author talk about a book he wrote all about ants ... he called them a 'sisterhood' ... what a great photo you and your sister shared with us!
oxo