Friday, January 7, 2011

Untitled..

gosh.. I'm not too sure what to call this...

Intention?
well I did have an intention to put my intentions
on an art piece....  ;)

collage on wood panel
( duh I didn't measure its size...you know I'm sure..:)) )


"In 2011
I want to learn how to sketch:
portraits (gotta dust off my notes from Suzi Blu's class)  LOL!!

sketch and paint birds and flowers...
(I pray for patience.... ;))  )
see that bird on the left? I'm responsible for that but my fingers 
were somewhat "arthritic" after I finished it... :(


While I love love those beautiful line sketching of birds and architecture and painted portraits
from my favorite artists and imagined my own masterpiece....

I've been giving excuses ...."
..

and so my dear blog friends...

I'm going to move out of my comfort zone and do what
I've always proclaimed I can't do...

SKETCH

and start with a "beginner's" mind...

Secondly,

I've learnt some lessons from today's collage and one of them:
never make art when my brains and body are both out of sync...
I just felt this piece is a little "overdone".. LOL!!
and I was trying to salvage the composition... Ha ha...

ah well...  :)))

I'm still happy....

AND 

Thirdly

in my next post, It'll be entitled:

GIVEAWAY!!!

Yay!!

so stay tuned...since it's my first, I need to :

** photograph everything I'm giving away???

Nah...I'll put in an element of surprise.... ;)

so, it'll come.....

and I hope Mr Postman will be able to cope, now that
the festive season is over..

did you know it was reported in the news that the local postal service couldn't cope during 
the festive season and as a result I suspect my pressies to my friends were delayed...

I hope they'll get their now belated pressies sooooon...

Happy weekend and stay happeee...

best wishes and warm hugs...
meeee...




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots going on in your intention piece, lots going on in your life it sounds, the bird sketch is marvelous. xox Corrine

Unknown said...

Beautiful collage .... And the bird on the left is wonderful!

Happy new year to you too!

~*~Patty S said...

Fabulous post and collage...I admire you for sketching...I keep shying away from it...eventho I want to try everything LOL...that attitude can really stretch me thin

When you mentioned "beginner's mind" it made me think of our youngest son's psychology class that has made such an impression on him...he speaks of that concept often and has recommended some super books to read

whenever I think I've gone too far with collage...I turn to gesso...gesso is my friend!

Have a lovely weekend dear one
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Steph,

I am in TOTAL AWE of your sketching skills. That bird is not just gorgeous, it is filled with detail and perspective. You are a NATURAL. Of course, I love everything you do, but I am really in awe of that bird!

Anonymous said...

Intentions are good as long as they develop feet and follow through. Learning is good even when it comes from dissatisfaction. Then the learning is healing.
When you figure out the "patience" secret, please let me know...the sooner the better.

Lori Saul said...

Such beauty here and always presented in such an artful way. I love your inspiring words for the New Year as well. I look forward always to more of your art!

Lori Saul said...

Such beauty is always present in your art and your inspirational words for the New Year speak volumes. I always look forward to seeing your new creations!

Unknown said...

Well, I LIKE your bird. You are too modest. My word this year (I decided only 2 days ago!) is DRAW. You are your own worst critic. Gag that voice and sketch! Draw! Doodle! Scribble!

And I don't think your collage is too much. :)