Sunday, January 30, 2011

Art Books and Journals

We've been experiencing much wet weather these days..
I love the rain and the cool weather it brings..
and while we are busy preparing
for the upcoming Chinese Lunar New Year (next Thursday)
I was inspired to sew 2 art books/journals.....


putting together materials I love....

such as laces and old book pages....

Well I hope to be able to take some pictures of the festivities 
to show you in the next few days...
let's hope that Mr Sun will come shining on us again....

I'll be posting my T Tuesday post on Thursday (if it's alright) :))
as it'll be about a very special occasion..
I love the eve of the  Chinese Lunar New Year and the day itself as we have a tradition we practice
and I'll be sharing on that...

Till then...

Stay Happy!
steph

7 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Happy Chinese Lunar New Year! Gorgeous journal books! ~Kathy

*jean* said...

o they look lovely, steph! will look forward to your celebration pics!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

As always, I am in love with what you make. Lace and old book pages go well together when they are in your capable hands. I only wish I had your motivation and artistic ability.

BTW, I love the power of the mind collage you made in your previous post. Can't wait to see CNY photos from your part of the world.

ooglebloops said...

Love the little tulip fairy !! Will drop back on Tues to see what you're posting about!!1

sharon said...

Your New Year sounds so exciting and special!
Your sewn creations are fab Steph!!
Looking forward top seeing your next post!

~*~Patty S said...

lovely book creations Steph...I enjoy lace so much too

looking forward to your Year of the Rabbit celebration photos!

I would send you some "sun"...but there is none to be had here just now either :)
oxo

Caterina Giglio said...

happy tea day to you dear Steph and I will make sure to come have tea with you on thursday too! xo