Thursday, January 27, 2011

Most Prized...

Indeed he is...

I first met him last May  when we were in Yunnan, China

He was nine years old then....



After our meeting, I went away feeling really sad
that I wasn't able to help him.(in my current capacity).
He lived in the rural areas in Yunnan
and he grew up in a farm...
He is a child with a special need
and there is no school around his village suitable for him...

I remembered how my heart ached when I saw him....

and when he walked away that day...

I was determined to ensure he gets a decent education
at some point...
(The title prompt is from the Sketchbook challenge)

Happy Midweek to you and yours!!

always...
~steph~

5 comments:

MadeByKarla said...

This is so sweet. I'm a teacher, I work with children with special needs too. It's hard to hear how hard it is for them to get an adequate education in a lot of countries.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Steph, what a wonderful story. I hope that there is a way to help him. Keep us posted. xox Corrine (package on the way to you today!)

Caterina Giglio said...

great story and so touching.... my heart goes out to you as you find a way to assist this child. i know you will find a way to do it... and bravo to you!

sharon said...

Your heart overflows with love Steph, and all things are possible.

~*~Patty S said...

oh dear Steph...this post and your artwork is so touching...sending every good and special wish to your special fellow...he is so cute!
oxo