Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tea Tuesday

After a week of cloudy skies and rain, the sun came out today!
And I've decided to brew some lemon grass tea.


Here's what you need:


Ingredients:
Fresh lemon grass (you may find this in the frozen section in the Asian supermarket).
In the picture above, I've included dried lemon grass bits as you may use either or a combo.
honey or rock sugar/sugar.

Method:
Boil water
Put in the fresh lemon grass
(gently bruise the stalk with the blunt end of the knife to release its fragrance)
and/or the dried lemon grass bits
Add sugar
Turn down the fire after about 10-15 minutes of boiling
when it's cool, keep the mixture in the fridge
If you are adding honey, mix it in when it's cold


Iced lemon grass tea garnished with a stalk of lemon grass


It's been awhile since I last been to the garden...
there's a sense of "calmness" here..
and the birds are singing...



perched on these Manila palms....


the plumerias are blooming....


and its fragrance just fills the air.....

peace...


Happy Tea Tuesday to Kimmie and
the T Tuesday bloggers!









8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I grew lemon grass in my garden a few years ago. Wish I'd had your recipe. Didn't even know it could be used to make tea.

Your garden is superb. I love palm trees and find your garden so delightful. It's so lovely see the flora in a totally different part of the world. Thanks for sharing your calmness and beauty with me. Happy Tea Tuesday, dear.

*jean* said...

gorgeous post! i can find fresh lemon grass at my grocery store...i'm going to try this..you've made it look so wonderful...happy T tues~~

Caterina Giglio said...

oh how easy, I am going to try this !!! grazie!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lovely iced tea, and those flowers, would love to have a whiff of those, too bad we can't add scent to our blogs! xox Corrine

~*~Patty said...

gorgeous and inspiring T post dear Steph!
I can almost smell the lemon and beautiful blossoms!
oxo

Unknown said...

beautiful post! I'm surprised that the lemongrass makes such an amber colored tea - it looks absolutely delish!!!

We have lots of roses in our garden - but plumeria are still my very favorite of all time!!!

Happy T today!!! Kimmie

Dianne said...

Your tea sounds delightful... and Plumeria smells so wonderful...

Nancy said...

Your tea looks so inviting, I love the pretty dish too :)