Sunday, May 2, 2010

Travel journal stage 2- collaged background pages

Here's a sneak peek to some of the pages from my travel journal,

all set for more collage and writing

during the trip....

picked up some old laces.....


It's a mixed media travel journal, with cloth, paper and paints etc...

and some old chinese text papers.... 

I handpainted my own papers...



more handpainted papers..

a little rubber stamping here and there.....

and a little sewing..

and together with my art journaling pack,

Contents: Water soluble color pencils, charcoal pencil, white uniball signio pen, 
Zig millenium pens size 02 and 005
couple of water brushes and a glue stick


I'm all set to travel next Thursday...

So, have a happy week to you..


"The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart"
Rumi

steph

4 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

wonderful pages Steph AND the quote is perfect too!

Enjoy * Enjoy!
oxo

Steph said...

Thank You Patty!!! I'm looking forward to post the pages when I return!!!! I simply love this journal and I'm already thinking about making more...:))) This way, I could use up my scraps and collage away.....

Marilyn Rock said...

Looks like your beautifully organized!

Nicole Austin said...

steph, these pages are so amazing! and the travel pack makes me smile! makes me want to take a trip with just me and my art journal! thank you for your visit to my blog and your kind comments! i love your blog, too, and will return often! :)

thanks,
nicole