Saturday, April 10, 2010

collage study...

I've been doing much paper and scissors collage lately
simply because I wanted continuity in my creative process 
and 
I am learning so much
from it all
and
once I start pasting down my collage materials...
very soon I find myself engaging in layers of shapes, colors, looking for dark and light shades etc....
and
often times when there's an urge to use a particular image or collage material
I said to myself..."just do it" as it's pure experimentation in every way...

"song of joy"- collaged ephemera
6"x6" chipboard

I critique my own work thereafter and just like this piece, I certainly can see
some changes I would make
but I love this anyway...... :))
the way it is
it reminds me of the learning process I've so enjoyed..
truly refreshing.

Have an artful weekend!!
steph


5 comments:

Lori Saul said...

This is so beautiful- I love everything about this. Your collection of images and mixed elements are perfect! Lovely art.

Marilyn Rock said...

I find this breathtaking!

Lay Hoon aka mescrap said...

This is beautiful !!!
Such colourful and brilliant !!

Betty said...

Love this! nice compositin!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

So much lovely artwork for me to catch up on Steph! You must create almost every day! I always feel best when I can do that!
I also enjoy using what is at hand (and with my messy workspace I have quite a bit within easy reach LOL)
oxo