Sunday, March 21, 2010

Love life, Live life

I had a really fruitful weekend.. or rather "artful".

Firstly, I completed 2 altered art projects

and

one of them is shown here:

This is a gift for a colleague of mine,
the background is a crackled finish using Elmer's glue and acrylic paints.
A layer of glaze with titan buff was painted onto the crackled backgound
to give it a "frescoed" look  (just wondering if there's such a description :)) ).
Collage images from scrapbooking papers. 
I hope she''ll like it, I can't wait to present it to her tomorrow. ;)

Secondly,

I made a couple of tags ..


using scraps of papers, envelopes, postage stamps etc...

And

 I am all charged up for the coming week!


cheers!!
steph



3 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

I bet your friend will adore what you've created Steph. The crackle is excellent as are all the details!
oxo

Betty said...

Love the frame...beautiful colors with the webster's papers...

Marilyn Rock said...

Your art is wonderful! Love your frame and tags! Your friend will just love the frame!